Thursday, November 13, 2014

Museum of the city of New York


                                                                  
                     

Me and my class went on a trip to the "Museum of 
the City of New York.” I learned a lot of new   
things. I think that the museum did a good job 
capturing the main focus in each section. 
I learned a lot about the activism in New York        f                   
from the present and past. I didn't really know 
much about activism in New York and it was                           
really surprising to see such courage and pride 
in the people who fought for certain rights. 
There was and still is many struggles. This 
trip made me think more about peoples 
rights, and how you should stand up for  
what you believe in.


The museum made me feel very sad that 
so many people had, and still have unfair 
treatment. For example, there was Gay 
rights. A paragraph in the section for gay 
rights said that, “Discrimination, hate crimes, 
bullying, and homophobia persists.” As you 
can see, so many people have unfair 
treatment. I didn't realize how much of this 
really went on. People still fought for what 
was right. Now there are over 1,000 gay 
rights. It is  amazing how many people care, 
and want to stand up. 


The trip to the museum was very inspirational. 
People were, and are very brave and strong. I 
have learned to stand up for what yo believe 
in, and what is right. I have definitely learned 
a lot in during my trip to the museum of the 
city of New York.   


  



No comments:

Post a Comment